We know you’re gonna love this Vegan Thai Pumpkin Stir-Fry recipe. It’s quick to throw together, super tasty and a great way to use more pumpkins in your meals. We stumbled across this dish in Vietnam, and we ate it every day after that.
Check out the video, here. Or, the full recipe details are below.
Thai Pumpkin Stir-Fry
- 4 cups pumpkin(s), chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chili pepper(s), chopped optional
- 1 tablespoons vegn fish sauce recipe link below or can also sub soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion(s) chopped
- 1 -2 cups water
- Heat the pan on medium heat. Add in the minced garlic and sautee until it starts to brown.
- Add the chopped pumpkin and mix it well with the garlic and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add a cup of water to the pan and let the pumpkin mixture simmer for about 5 minutes. It will begin to soften. If you need more water, add some in so the pumpkin fully cooks before the water evaporates.
- Once it's softened, stir in chili peppers if you want it spicy, then add the vegan fish sauce and brown sugar to the pan and mix in with the pumpkin.
- After a few minutes you will start to see the water reduce more and the pumpkin will get soft. Before the water is gone, taste the mixture and add any additional fish sauce or brown sugar if needed.
- Add in the chopped peanuts and green onion and stir well. The mixture should now be thick, the water gone and it is ready to serve. Enjoy!