Italian Sammie with Cashew Spread
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp syrup
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 veggie pizza burger(s) frozen or fresh buy frozen or see recipe below
Cashew Cheese Spread
- 1 cup veggie campus cashew cheese spread see recipe below
- 2 pieces thick crusty bread sliced down the middle
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- Use frozen Italian style veggie burgers, or make this recipe for Tasty Vegetarian Pizza Burgers: https://tasty.co/recipe/quinoa-pizza-burgers
- Make the Cashew Cheese Spread: http://veggiecampus.com/recipe/cashew-cheese-spread/
- Add all ingredients from the marinara sauce above and mix well.
- Toast the bread slices in a pan face down, or in an oven. Once toasted, top once side of one of the pieces with the veggie burger. Put the cashew spread, marinara sauce and basil on top of the burger and add the other slice of bread on top. Repeat with the other pieces of bread.
- Serve with a side of baked fries or veggies!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!