Coconut Lime Energy Bites
These energy bites are perfect for breakfast, if you're on the go, or to bring to a party! You will love the bite of lime mixed with the sweet figs and coconut.
- 1 cup dried fig(s) *finely chopped, buy soft figs or soak for a few hours to soften
- 3/4 cup almonds *ground, almost a powder consistency
- 1/2 cup cashews *ground, almost a powder consistency
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 3/4 cup coconut ground
- Mix all of the ingredients, except 1/4 cup of coconut, together well in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Roll into 10, two-inch balls.
- Roll each ball through the final 1/4 cup of ground coconut until covered.
- Eat immediately or store in an air-tight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
You can use dates in place of figs, and you can use all almonds or all cashews if you don't have two kinds of nuts on hand. I liked the mix of flavors, but feel free to play with the recipe!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!