Find the video recipe of this Cashew Based ‘Cheese’ Spread here!
Cashew Based Cheese Spread
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic to taste or 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk I used soy
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- To ensure your cashew spread isn't grainy, either soak your cashews for 6-12 hours before using, or grind them in a food processor to a powder.
- Add the cashews and all of the rest of the ingredients except for half of the plant-based milk to a food processor and process for 1-2 minutes. Check the consistency.
- If the consistency is too grainy or thick, add the rest of the plant-based milk to the food process or and continue to process until smooth.
- Once it is smooth, it is ready to serve! Eat with veggies, bread, crackers or use as a cheesy topping on pizza.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!