Broccoli Aloo Sabzi | Vegan Broccoli Potato Curry
- 1 head broccoli chopped; can also use cauliflower
- 1 carrot(s) chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes chopped
- 1 russet potatoes chopped
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 white, red or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 Tbsp ginger minced
- 1/4 cup vegan Indian or Thai curry paste
- 1 cup water for sauteeing
- Heat at deep skillet on medium low and add a few tablespoons of the water.
- Add the chopped onions and let those simmer a minute, then mix in the garlic and ginger with the onions. Let that heat until the onions are translucent, then add the curry paste and mix really well.
- Add the coconut milk to the pan and mix well with the curry paste, onions and garlic. As it all heats it will continue to mix together well and the liquid mix will deepen in color. You want the curry paste dissolved.
- *Alternatively, you can also heat the curry paste and coconut milk in a separate pan in the beginning and pour it over the onions but we are lazy and only have two burners so we throw it all in together
- Once that is mixed well, add in all of the veggies and the chickpeas and mix to coat with the liquid. Bring to a light boil, then simmer on low with the lid on the pan at a tilt to let a little steam out.
- Let cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring in between to get all of the veggies cooking in the liquid. I always check a carrot or sweet potato to make sure everything is done.
- Once it's finished, serve in bowls and top with cilantro and onion.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!